8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Explore our promoted experiences
The villages of Gualaceo and Chordeleg with their traditions of producing fine local handicrafts lie just east of Cuenca. With this private tour, browse the colorful wares at your leisure while learning about traditional artisan techniques. Watch as guitars, filigree jewelry, Panama hats, and shawls are being made, taste local fruits only found in Ecuador, and sit down for a local lunch. You’ll have plenty of time to shop in each village.
- Chance to purchase handmade items directly from the artists who make them
- Flexible itinerary with your own private guide
- Bonus visit to San Bartolome, known for its handmade guitars
- Hassle-free roundtrip transport to and from your hotel in Cuenca
Saved to wishlist!
Licensed Tour Guide/Driver
Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Contact us to email@example.com to arrange the exact pick up time please
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Infant meals not included
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- For 1 to 5 passengers, a bilingual guide will also be the driver. For more than 5 passengers, a driver and a bilingual guide will be provided.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Cuenca Bestours Tour Operator
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Gualaceo & Chordeleg craft-making villages tour?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Gualaceo & Chordeleg craft-making villages tour?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Gualaceo & Chordeleg craft-making villages tour?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Gualaceo & Chordeleg craft-making villages tour?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Product code: 28838P9
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesShopping & FashionPrivate & Custom ToursShows, Concerts & SportsTours & SightseeingCuencaBus Tours - GuayaquilHistorical Tours - GuayaquilFull-day Tours - GuayaquilBus Tours - BañosHistorical Tours - BañosFull-day Tours - BañosBus Tours - QuitoHistorical Tours - QuitoFull-day Tours - QuitoCategory