Are you interested in?
3 Tours & Activities
39 Tours & Activities
Cruisers' Guide to the Southern Caribbean
8 Tours & Activities
4 hours (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Regular temperature checks for staff
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
With a guide providing instruction and supervision, even beginners will feel safe trying out the four rock climbing routes, including the island's only via ferrata. Enjoy taking home photos captured during the tour.
- Guide provides instruction and commentary during the activities
- Equipment for rock climbing
- Bottled water and snacks to keep your energy up
- Photos of your adventures included
Saved to wishlist!
All needed gear and equipment (including helmet and shoes)
Bottled water and a snack
Professional guide - climbing is guided
Pickup and drop-off at ship ports & major hotels on St. Thomas
Lunch- it is recommended that participants bring snacks (granola bars are provided)
Gratuity is recommended (15-20%). 15% gratuity is due upon arrival for groups of 5 +)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pick up time depends on the location of your hotel or cruise ship port. Transportation must be pre-arranged with the tour operator. Cruise ship guests - please contact the tour operator before your ship sails.
- Havensight/WICO Ship Port (St. Thomas/Charlotte Amalie)
- Crown Bay Ship Port (St. Thomas/Charlotte Amalie)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- At time of booking participants must provide full name for all participants, date of birth, waist circumference (measure in inches at navel) shoes size with gender (please note see restrictions). Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- The full name and birth date for each participant must match what is provided when booking the reservation. Every participant must provide ID with a birth date upon check-in for the tour. The name of the ID must match the name on the reservation for each participant. No substitutions of participants
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Maximum head circumference: 24 inches. waist circumference 24- 38 inches. Thigh circumference: 17-26 inches. Climbing shoes are provided in standard sizes: Men's 6-13.5 and Women's 5-11. We do not have extra wide shoes. If your shoe size is not within the standard sizes noted, please bring your own climbing shoes or a low profile (not bulky) sneaker. Low profile shoes fit best in foot holds.
- Minimum age to participate is 13 years old. Minors must be accompanied by an adult and require a parent or guardian present to sign a consent form.
- All participants must be in good physical condition, have good endurance, coordination and balance and able to walk over uneven terrain (hiking and rocky beach)
- You cannot participate if you are afraid of water, small spaces or heights, have epileptic seizures, vertigo problems, have a cardiac condition, weakness or medical problem with arms or legs, are hearing impaired or require hearing aids.
- If you have special dietary needs, such as Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten Free, etc. you must provide this information when you book the tour so that the guide will have a snack that meets your dietary needs.
- Gratuity is suggested for all groups. Mandatory 15% gratuity is due in cash on the day of the tour for groups of 5 or more.
- Pick up and drop off must be arranged in advance with tour provider. Pick up is from ship ports or major hotels on St. Thomas. Ship passengers must arrange before the start of the cruise.
- Age: 13 and up. Minors must be accompanied by a parent/guardian. Physical condition: Participants must be fit, physically active, have good endurance, good balance and coordination, be able to walk and climb over uneven terrain and be able to move at a moderate pace. Medical conditions: You cannot participate if you are aqua-phobic, claustrophobic (we climb through a small cave), acro-phobic (fear of heights), suffer cardiac condition, are subject to epileptic seizures, have a weakness or medical problems with your legs or arms, are hearing impaired or suffer from vertigo. If you have limited mobility, you should not take part. If you have back, neck, joint or muscular problems, you should carefully consider whether or not to participate. Size restrictions: Maximum head circumference: 24 inches. All participants must meet the following size restrictions: Maximum head circumference: 24 ". Min. waist circumference: 24 ". Max. waist circumference: 38 ". Min. thigh circumference: 17 ". Max. thigh circumference: 26". Weight must not exceed 220 pounds. Note:Climbing shoes are provided in the following standard sizes only: Men's 6-13 and Women's 5-11. If you are not within these sizes or need to wear a shoe for an extra wide foot, please wear your own shoes for climbing. We suggest either a shoe made for climbing or a low profile sneaker so they are good for slotting into footholds on the rock (bulky shoes are not recommended).
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY St Thomas Adventure Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Top Rope Climbing Tour?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Top Rope Climbing Tour?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Top Rope Climbing Tour?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
What is the maximum group size during Top Rope Climbing Tour?
This activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers.
See all safety measures taken by Top Rope Climbing Tour.
See all safety measures taken by Top Rope Climbing Tour.
Product code: 7192P13
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsClimbingPorts of Call ToursWalking & Biking ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsShore ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingCruz BaySt ThomasShore Excursions - FajardoClimbing - FajardoPorts of Call Tours - FajardoShore Excursions - LuquilloClimbing - LuquilloPorts of Call Tours - LuquilloShore Excursions - PhilipsburgClimbing - PhilipsburgPorts of Call Tours - PhilipsburgCategory