- Full-day Samaria Gorge hike from Chania
- Trek through Europe’s longest gorge with a guide
- Admire panoramic views over the limestone cliffs
- Discover peaceful villages nestled along the gorge
- Tackle challenging hiking terrain
- Tour includes pickup and drop-off at your Chania hotel
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 35 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
During your 10-mile (16-km) hike, follow rugged trails through the Samaria Gorge and marvel at the beautiful scenery you find. Admire high limestone cliffs, and pass traditional villages where life ticks by at a relaxed pace.
Clamber around boulders and navigate thin, rocky passes along the gorge floor. On arrival into Agia Roumeli, stop for a rest and food (own expense). Then, return by boat to Sougia and meet your coach for the return journey to your Chania hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The duration of the hike is at least 5 hours and that’s why you must wear proper footwear with socks, a hat, light-colored clothing and sunscreen. You must have a bottle of water with you (there is drinking spring water along the trail), a light snack, if you wish, and of course a walking mood.
- Camping is not allowed in the gorge, you can’t spend the night there, light a fire, smoke (you can only do so at the special milestones on the trail), you can’t hunt, set traps, bring guns or animals along, you can’t uproot plants and you are of course not allowed to bathe in the river.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- We must keep the lavatories clean for the sake of our own health and we mustn’t throw paper inside the toilets.
- You must hold on to the ticket issued at the entrance of the gorge until the end of the hike, in order to go through control at the exit gate.
- WE KINDLY ASK ALL VISITORS TO COMPLY WITH THE RULES OF THE STATE PARK IN ORDER TO ENSURE A SAFER HIKE, AS WELL AS TO HELP PRESERVE THE UNIQUELY RICH FLAURA AND FAUNA OF OUR COUNTRY.
- You must have with you: Proper footwear and socks -A hat - Sunscreen - A bottle of water - A swimsuit and a beach towel
- Please notice that extra charges may apply per person or in total of the group for pick-ups from hotels- villas- airbnb outside the proximity of our tour selected pick route. In that case we can provide round trip transfer for customer(s) convenience ad-hoc quoted as per location of customer(s)' property.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY MTM D.M.C Ltd
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff