Explore our promoted experiences
Departure & Return
Just a few blocks from Costa Maya Port. Once your reservation is confirmed, we will email you the detailed and easy to follow instructions of meeting point, directions and a map.
|Monday - Sunday:||07:00 AM - 06:00 PM|
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- The ride from Costa Maya to Kohunlich Ruins takes around 1 hour and 50 minutes. Most of the way the road is fairly new and in perfect conditions, however, the last 9 KM the road becomes narrow and during the rainy season it could get a little bumpy.
- Kohunlich, involves a considerable amount of walking since some sections could be away from the others. Expect to walk more than one mile to see all areas open to the public.
- It is possible to climb and explore most of the buildings.
- At the moment, other than bathrooms, there are not other services available at Kohunlich Mayan City. It is a long tour, so we include a box lunch and we also make a quick stop at Bacalar town on the way to and from the ruins for our guests to take a break, use of restrooms and, optionally, grab a quick snack.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY Next Experience Travel
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms