Don’t worry—here are some similar options
Explore our promoted experiences
- Tour of Achilleon, Kanoni, and Corfu Town
- Visit the charming Achilleon Palace, built for Austria’s Empress Elisabeth, known as ‘Sisi’
- Explore the interiors and gardens, dotted with statues of Sisi’s hero, Achilles
- Absorb the stunning views of Corfu Town from the terraces
- Admire Mouse Island and Vlacherna Convent from Kanoni, Corfu’s most famous view
- See some of Corfu Town’s highlights and shop for souvenirs
- Includes transport with Corfu hotel or cruise port pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Please notice that extra charges may apply per person or in total of the group for pick-ups from hotels- villas- airbnb outside the proximity of our tour selected pick route. In that case we can provide round trip transfer for customer(s) convenience ad-hoc quoted as per location of customer(s)' property.
What To Expect
Stop first at the hilltop village of Gastouri, southwest of Corfu Town, to visit the famous Achilleon Palace.
On route, hear about this neoclassical palace, built for the Empress Elizabeth of Austria in the 1890s. Known as ‘Sisi,’ the empress loved Corfu, and had the palace constructed as a vacation retreat, designing it with the mythical Greek hero Achilles as the central theme. After her assassination in 1898, Kaiser Wilhelm II of Germany went on to purchase the palace, again as a vacation home.
On arrival, enter the palace (own expense) to explore independently. Wander around the graceful interiors, adorned with statues and paintings, and still furnished with some of Sisi's and Wilhelm's personal items.
Stroll around the gardens to see their grand statues, including two beautiful bronze runners, and sculptures depicting Achilles dying and as a triumphant warrior. As you walk, soak up the bird’s-eye views from the terraces down over Corfu's coast.
Next, drive to the Kanoni peninsula, a wooded headland just south of Corfu Town. Here, admire the spectacular panoramas over the Ionian Sea and the whitewashed Vlacherna Convent, connected to the mainland by a causeway, and the nearby Mouse Island — Corfu’s most celebrated view.
Take photos, and hear how legend says that Mouse Island was created when the ship that returned Odysseus to his home port of Ithaki was turned to stone by Poseidon, the god of the sea.
Finally, continue into Corfu Town, seeing some of its historical attractions and enjoying some time for souvenir shopping.
Your tour concludes with a drop-off at your Corfu accommodation or cruise port.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY MTM D.M.C Ltd
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Achilleon, Kanoni, and Corfu Town Tour.