- 8-hour tour from Chongqing to the Dazu Rock Carvings
- Be wowed by the variety of stone statues at this UNESCO World Heritage site
- Learn about their histories through different Chinese dynasties
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Meet your driver at the lobby of your hotel in Chongqing
What To Expect
The UNESCO-listed series of more than 60,000 statues is spread out across 40 different places in Dazu County, including Mt. Baoding and Mt. Longgan, which are the most central and are home to the largest collection. In the late Tang dynasty, the carvings began, reaching an artistic peak during the Song dynasty.
The Mt. Baoding collection dates back to 1179, built under the supervision of a monk named Zhao Zhifeng, who returned home after studying Buddhism to commission the carvings. The statues here and at other locations have similarities, and they are all connected by their Buddhist significance.
When your time at the rock carvings ends, you'll be returned to Chongqing for hotel drop-off in the late afternoon.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress in comfortable shoes
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Beijing Variarts Tours Activities Ltd
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
See all safety measures taken by Day Tour: Incredible Ancient Dazu Rock Carvings in Chongqing.