Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Visit Chicago’s Loop and South Loop neighborhoods
- Take a beer tour of popular downtown establishments
- Learn how beet goes with Chicago’s criminal past
- Beer tastings and a pizza pairing included
Departure & Return
Located about a half block from the Chicago Transportation Authority (“CTA”) Adams/Wabash train stop serving Brown, Purple, Orange, Pink, and Green Lines, and close to the “Jackson” Blue Line stop or the “Monroe” Redline stop.
What To Expect
Visit the Loop and South Loop neighborhoods and explore the basics of different beer styles and their influence on criminal enterprises, especially during Prohibition times. Visit locally owned establishments on a 1.5-mile journey rich in history, like the Exchequer Pub, an old-school Chicago bar and restaurant where Capone himself was known to spend his time, and the Berghoff, one of the oldest bars in the city started by German immigrants. (FYI: they still hold the first liquor license after Prohibition.)
Also included are stops at Buddy Guy’s Legends, a club started by the blues legend himself, and Vice District Brewing, a microbrewery that pays tribute to Chicago’s sordid past.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 21 years
- In the special requirements field at check out, please note if you have any food allergies
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- OPERATED BY Chicago Beer Experience, Inc.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.