- Culinary tour of Chiang Mai
- Visit two night markets with a local
- Sample at least eight dishes
- Learn to order and eat Thai street food
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Vegetarian meal option available
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We offer complimentary hotel pick-up & drop-off from anywhere within the Old City and the surrounding areas. There will be additional charges for any hotel pick-ups which are located away from Chiang Mai (~10-15km away).
What To Expect
Follow a route that will take you to two evening markets, where you’ll try a wide variety of dishes, from kannom jin Chinese noodles to northern Thai specialties, coconut dumplings, stewed pork, and sweets. This is the perfect time to learn some basic phrases with help from a local, then practice ordering dishes in Thai. The tour includes a leaflet that explains the most popular street food dishes, so you can keep exploring Thai markets on your own.
With a small group and an experienced guide, you’ll have plenty of time to ask questions about unfamiliar foods, ingredients, and how to eat some of Thailand’s more exotic dishes. After you’ve tasted your way through both markets, you’ll hop a songthaew for the return trip to your accommodations, where this tour concludes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A maximum number of 8 people per group
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Chiang Mai Street Food Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
See all safety measures taken by Small-Group Chiang Mai Evening Street Food Tour.