3 hours 20 minutes (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Saved to wishlist!
Hot Air Balloon flight of approximately 50-60 minutes
Return transportation from/to hotels in Chiang Mai city area
'Clean & Natural Breakfast' consisting of fresh fruit, hot coffee and tea
'Champagne Celebration' after landing
Balloon Flight Certificate
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pick up from all Chiang Mai city hotels. Surcharge will apply for pickups from Four Seasons Resort
Chiang Mai and Veranda High Resort Chiang Mai
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- A child passenger is defined as: aged 5 years to 11 years inclusive AND MUST be above 137cms. in height. (Any person 136cms. or younger no permitted, regardless of age, due to the height of the basket. No child 4 years or younger permitted.
- Only one child is permitted per one adult passenger. The adult passenger will be fully responsible for the child's actions throughout the flight experience.
- A written authorisation by parents or tutor must be submitted upon reservation and boarding (if child is not traveling with the parents or tutor).
- Passengers over 75 years of age must produce a medical certificate advising fit for flight.
- Balloons/baskets vary in size. Capacity is between 4-8 passengers. Maximum weight is 125 kilograms or 280 pounds. If above this, additional charge of 100% payable at location. If total weight exceeds permissible weight for flight by law, no refund or alternate flight can be offered.
- Wheelchair can only be on a Request Basis. Operator does not guarantee the availability of wheelchairs.
- Pregnant women are not permitted to fly
- Passengers must pay full attention to the safety briefing given by the pilot in command before the launch of the balloon, ad questions should be put to pilot if the briefing is not understandable or unclear.
- The pilot’s decision is final on all matters, and he or she has full authority over passengers and crew who are to fully comply with his or her instructions or orders at all times.
- Participants will not be allowed to consume alcoholic beverages or other substances forbidden by Thai law prior or during the services. As a consequence, immediate action will be taken and no refund will be given.
- The launch-pad in Amphur Doi Saket may need to be changed due to various factors, such as winds, etc., as instructed by the Chiang Mai airport tower. Operator is the only licensed Thai ballooning company for commercial flights in Thailand, has received approval for commercial flights and Standard Certification by the Department of Civil Aviation Thailand and therefore guarantees all appropriate safety standards are met.
- All pilots are very experienced and fully licensed, having logged hundreds of hours flying passengers in hot air balloons.
- Wear suitable clothing that will protect you from heat of the balloon burner and the sun as well as suitable shoes (no flip-flops). Also useful are sunglasses, a hat (that won't fly off!) and binoculars.
- A balloon flight cannot be delayed because of the late arrival of passengers! Because of meteorological reasons like heat and the thermals building up in the early morning hours the balloon has to take off and land on time!
- At least 2 adults are required for this activity to take place. Single traveler may book this product, but is subject to availability
- **Please note** Cancellation fee is equivalent to 100% of the flight price upon cancellation period within 5 days. 100% full refund when cancellation 6 days before scheduled flight date. No Show is considered a late cancellation and is not refundable
- Balloon Operator reserves the right to cancel or delay the flight for any safety reasons, unfavourable weather conditions or operational difficulties without prior notice at any time prior to the scheduled departure for any reasons. Full refund will be made.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY I Asia Thailand
This experience is non-refundable and cannot be changed for any reason. If you cancel or ask for an amendment, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Balloon Adventure: Joined Basket Balloon Ride?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Balloon Adventure: Joined Basket Balloon Ride?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Balloon Adventure: Joined Basket Balloon Ride?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHot Air Balloon RidesHalf-day ToursAir, Helicopter & Balloon ToursOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingChiang MaiBus Tours - Northern ThailandHot Air Balloon Rides - Northern ThailandHalf-day Tours - Northern ThailandBus Tours - Chiang RaiHot Air Balloon Rides - Chiang RaiHalf-day Tours - Chiang RaiBus Tours - Luang PrabangHot Air Balloon Rides - Luang PrabangHalf-day Tours - Luang PrabangCategory
Baan Thong Luang Tours & TicketsChiang Mai National Museum Tours & TicketsChiang Mai Tribal Museum Tours & TicketsChiang Mai Night Safari Tours & TicketsMae Kachan Hot Spring (Mae Ka Chan) Tours & TicketsBan Mae Kampong Village Tours & TicketsWat Chiang Man Tours & TicketsAraksa Tea Plantation Tours & TicketsThai Elephant Conservation Center Tours & TicketsArt in Paradise Tours & TicketsDoi Inthanon National Park Tours & TicketsWat Thaton Tours & TicketsMae Sa Waterfall Tours & TicketsSai Nam Phung Orchid Farm Tours & TicketsLamphun Tours & TicketsElephant Parade House Tours & TicketsDoi Suthep–Pui National Park Tours & TicketsWat Phra Singh Waramahawihan Tours & TicketsWat Suan Dok Tours & TicketsBan Hmong Mae Sa Mai Village Tours & Tickets