3 days (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Experience Thailand’s famous Golden Triangle on a 3-day tour cultural tour from Chiang Mai. Visit the border where Thailand meets with Laos and Myanmar (Burma), tour the Hall of Opium museum and marvel at the natural limestone formations within the Chiang Dao Caves. You’ll sail upon the Khong River in a longtail boat and soak in the waters of Maoe Ka Chan hot springs. This guided small-group tour also includes a visit to Doi Mae Salong, a hillside village steeped in Chinese history. Includes round-trip transport from Chiang Mai.
- 3-day tour of northern Thailand and Golden Triangle, round-trip from Chiang Mai
- Catch a glimpse of the borders Thailand, Laos and Myanmar (Burma) from the Golden Triangle and enjoy an opportunity to step foot in all three!
- Explore hilltribe villages and sip tea at a Chinese teahouse in Doi Mae Salong
- Wander through the caves of Chiang Dao National Park and head down the Khong River on a long-tail boat
- Learn about the opium trade at the Hall of Opium museum exhibit
- Soak in the hot springs of Mae Ka Chan
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people ensures a personalized experience
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
Long-tail boat ride
Use of hot springs facilities
Transport by air-conditioned minibus
Food and drinks, unless specified
Departure & Return
Raming Lodge Hotel & Spa , 17-19 Loikroh Rd., Changklan Disrict Muang, Chiang Mai 50100 ThailandYou will be picked up on Day one from the Raming Lodge Hotel & Spa between 8am and 9am. If you wish to be picked up from a different, centrally located hotel, please advise your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel. We recommend pre accommodation at the Raming Lodge Hotel & Spa Raming Lodge Hotel & Spa 17-19 Loikroh T.Changklan A.Muang Chiang Mai THAILAND When the Raming Lodge Hotel & Spa is fully booked we recommend the following alternative hotels for pre/post accommodation. De Lanna Boutique Hotel 44 Intawarorot Road T.Sriphum Muang, Chiang Mai 50200, and De Charme Hotel 28 Sriphum ,Singrat Road ,Muang Chiang Mai Should you need to contact our office for any Hotel pick up changes, please email at least 48hours before the trip departure or for any urgent last minute changes call during business hours. We also have an after hours number. Please note that the after hours number is only for emergency calls and is unable to take any last minute joining point confirmations.
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Travel insurance that covers medical expenses, including emergency repatriation, is required to participate on this tour; proof of insurance must be shown to tour leader on the first day
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Accommodations are reserved on a twin-share basis; rooms have two twin beds good for two people. For individuals traveling by themselves and want a private room, please book Single Room option. If you are traveling with an odd number of people, one person will be placed in twin share room with another traveler.
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Please note that you MUST include the details of your Chiang Mai hotel at the time of booking; if this has not been settled prior to booking your trip, you must contact the local tour operator at lest 48 hours in advance with this information (contact info will be provided on your confirmation voucher)
- Please note that an entry visa into Myanmar (Burma) costs approximately US$17; you MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
- Not all meals are included to give you the flexibility to choose where, what and with whom to eat; your guide will be on hand to give expert recommendations on local specialties and restaurants
- Recommended items to bring:
- Comfortable walking/trail shoes and clothes
- Clothing that covers both shoulders and knees (required for entry to some temples)
- The following information is required upon booking:
- Full name and date of birth
- Current country of residence
- Passport number and country of issue
- Passport issue date and expiry date
- Existing medical conditions and/or dietary requirements
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Intrepid Group
- If you cancel less than 30 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 30 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Any changes made less than 55 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 31–55 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
3-Day Chiang Mai and Golden Triangle Tour Including Doi Mae Salong
3 hours 45 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursMulti-day ToursWater ToursUnderground Tours Historical ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursMulti-day & Extended ToursCultural & Theme ToursTours & SightseeingChiang MaiBus Tours - Northern ThailandMulti-day Tours - Northern ThailandWater Tours - Northern ThailandUnderground Tours - Northern ThailandHistorical Tours - Northern ThailandBus Tours - Chiang RaiMulti-day Tours - Chiang RaiWater Tours - Chiang RaiUnderground Tours - Chiang RaiHistorical Tours - Chiang RaiBus Tours - Luang PrabangMulti-day Tours - Luang PrabangWater Tours - Luang PrabangUnderground Tours - Luang PrabangHistorical Tours - Luang PrabangCategory
Thapae StadiumWarorot MarketGolden Temple (Wat Phra That Doi Kham)Ban Mae Kampong VillageChiang Mai National MuseumMae Sa WaterfallLamphunWat ThatonWat Phra Singh WaramahawihanGrand Canyon Water ParkWat Chiang ManSuan Bua Mae Sa Orchid FarmSai Nam Phung Orchid FarmThai Elephant Conservation CenterMae Kachan Hot Spring (Mae Ka Chan)Chiang Mai Night BazaarWat Suan DokLampangBaan Thong LuangHuay Tung Tao Lake (Huay Tueng Thao Reservoir)