3 days (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
In the highlands north of Chiang Mai, the Chiang Dao mountains are known for their stunning natural scenery and traditional hill tribe villages. This challenging 3-day trek will take you far from the tourist trail—hike along scenic mountain ridges, bamboo forests, and jungle trails; explore the villages of the Maetang River valley; and enjoy homestay accommodation and tasty Thai meals along the way.
- Guided hike through the remote Chiang Dao mountains
- Local experience: home-cooked meals and homestay accommodation
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 10 people
- Hassle-free hotel pickup and round-trip transport from Chiang Mai
Saved to wishlist!
2 nights basic, shared accommodation (home-stays or tent)
Experienced English speaking trekking guide
Beverages at local homestay, restaurants
Departure & Return
192-193 หมู่ที่ 2 Somphot Chiang Mai 700 Pi Rd, Tambon Tha Sala, Amphoe Mueang Chiang Mai, Chang Wat Chiang Mai 50000, Thailand
Entrance #3, parking on the right side
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Trek not suitable for children under 10 years old, unless they are used to multiple hours of hiking
- Vegetarian and other dietary need can be organized, please advise at time of booking if required
- Wear suitable outdoor clothing; hiking boots or runners; bring a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- Limit your personal effects to fit in a 45L backpack, which you will need to carry. Travel light!
- We can provide a suggested packing list, according to the season, on request
- Participants should be able to hike 5 to 6 hours on undulating landscape
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY ActiveThailand
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
3-Day Chiang Dao Mountain Trek
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursMulti-day ToursMulti-day & Extended ToursTours & SightseeingChiang MaiBus Tours - Northern ThailandMulti-day Tours - Northern ThailandBus Tours - Chiang RaiMulti-day Tours - Chiang RaiBus Tours - Luang PrabangMulti-day Tours - Luang PrabangCategory
Chiang Mai Night Safari Tours & TicketsWat Suan Dok Tours & TicketsWat Thaton Tours & TicketsThapae Stadium Tours & TicketsSuan Bua Mae Sa Orchid Farm Tours & TicketsMae Kachan Hot Spring (Mae Ka Chan) Tours & TicketsThai Elephant Conservation Center Tours & TicketsChiang Mai Zoo & Aquarium Tours & TicketsTweechol Botanic Garden Tours & TicketsChiang Mai National Museum Tours & TicketsWiang Kum Kam Tours & TicketsChiang Mai Tribal Museum Tours & TicketsBaan Thong Luang Tours & TicketsDoi Suthep–Pui National Park Tours & TicketsAraksa Tea Plantation Tours & TicketsBan Hmong Mae Sa Mai Village Tours & TicketsHuay Tung Tao Lake (Huay Tueng Thao Reservoir) Tours & TicketsGolden Temple (Wat Phra That Doi Kham) Tours & TicketsBan Mae Kampong Village Tours & TicketsChiang Mai Night Bazaar Tours & Tickets