7 to 9 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Mahabalipuram is an ancient port town known for its 6th-century rock-cut temples, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Explore exquisite stone statues on this exclusive city tour, which gives an in-depth overview of sites like the famous Five Rathas, a set of Dravidian rock temples, and the Sea Shore Temple, an 8th-century granite shrine facing the Bay of Bengal. Round out the day with visits to DakshinaChitra, a “living museum” dedicated to showcasing South Indian culture, and the Madras Crocodile Bank.
- A private guided tour of seaside Mahabalipuram
- Get a first-hand peek at World Heritage-listed rock carvings
- Meet reptiles at Madras Crocodile Bank
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off in Chennai included
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Toll and Parking Charges
WiFi on board
Food and drinks
Entrance Fees (wherever it's necessary)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Your driver and vehicle details will be sent to you in message (you are requested to please contact your hotel concierge / bell desk / front desk to call the driver from car parking area to portico (entrance) at your pick-up time).
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Madras Crocodile Bank is closed on Mondays due to a weekly holiday
- Dakshinachitra is closed on Tuesday due to weekly holiday
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Uvamai Niche Tourism
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Tour to Mahabalipuram from Chennai
7 to 9 hours
4 hours 5 minutes
3 hours 40 minutes
4 hours 20 minutes
2 hours 50 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursArchaeology ToursArchitecture ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingChennaiCoimbatoreBus Tours - Tamil NaduArchaeology Tours - Tamil NaduArchitecture Tours - Tamil NaduHistorical Tours - Tamil NaduFull-day Tours - Tamil NaduBus Tours - PondicherryArchaeology Tours - PondicherryArchitecture Tours - PondicherryHistorical Tours - PondicherryFull-day Tours - PondicherryBus Tours - ThanjavurArchaeology Tours - ThanjavurArchitecture Tours - ThanjavurHistorical Tours - ThanjavurFull-day Tours - ThanjavurCategory
St. Andrew’s Church (The Kirk)VGP Snow KingdomArignar Anna Zoological Park (Vandalur Zoo)Valluvar KottamMadras High CourtElliot's Beach (Besant Nagar Beach)Ripon BuildingKanchipuramBesant NagarShirdi Sai Baba TempleArmenian ChurchKovalam Beach (Covelong Beach)VGP Universal KingdomAshtalakshmi TempleMarina BeachKalakshetra FoundationGovernment MuseumAurovilleCholamandal Artists’ VillageNational Art Gallery