- Private guided tour of the World Heritage-listed Leshan Grand Buddha from Chengdu
- See the impressive Grand Buddha from several different vantage points
- Admire intricate architectural and structural designs of the Lingyun Temple and Wuyou Temple
- Enjoy a delicious Chinese lunch at a local restaurant
- Learn interesting facts from your friendly, English-speaking guide
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Departure point: Free picking up service from your city hotel or residence in Chengdu (all hotels within 3rd Ring Road) and CTU airport, if you stay outside the 3rd Ring Road, then need to be picked up at the main gate of Wuhouci, or please contact us in advance to arrange to be picked up from your hotel and pay extra cost to driver.
Return point: Returns to original departure point or can be drop-off at the CTU airport.
What To Expect
Marvel at the intricate construction of the head’s hair, gazing at 1,020 twisted buns, and then follow your guide down a twisting trail toward the left side of the mammoth monument. When you reach the bottom, gasp at the 233-foot (71-meter) height of the largest carved Buddha in the entire world and capture fantastic photographs of the sacred site.
Next, explore the right side of Buddha to discover the Wuyou Temple, a pink-hued building containing an abundance of terracotta sculptures and calligraphic paintings. See the Arhat Hall, replete with 500 Arhat statues, then absorb panoramic views of three rivers converging prettily below.
Choose to take a cruise of the river for an alternative perspective of the grand Buddha (own expense) then return to your comfortable vehicle for the relaxing ride back to your Chengdu hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Samtour of Chengdu OTC Travel
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- "highly recommend this tour and all other tours by this company," See review