- Private Dujiangyan and Mount Qingcheng day trip from Chengdu
- Hike and ride cable cars on Mount Qingcheng, an ancient center of Chinese Taoism
- Admire the lush slopes, palaces, lake, and temples
- Learn about Qingcheng's history and 2016 role in 'Kung Fu Panda 3'
- Visit the Dujiangyan project, the world’s oldest non-dam irrigation scheme
- Cross the Anlan Bridge to see how this ancient project directs the River Minjiang
- Private air-conditioned transport, lunch, entrance fees, and central hotel pickup and drop-off included
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We offer free hotel pick-up and drop-off within 3rd ring road
What To Expect
One of China’s most important Taoism centers, this densely forested mountain featured in 2016's Kung Fu Panda 3 and inspired its makers to create the movie's idyllic-looking Panda Village.
On arrival, ride a electric kart to the entrance and set off to explore the highlights of temples, pavilions, and other attractions. Trek up to the Moon City Lake and ride a cable car to Shangqing Palace, Qingsheng’s must-see building.
Perched at 3,280 feet (1,000 meters) and dating from the Jin Dynasty (265 AD-420 AD), this elaborate complex was rebuilt in the 1800s and consists of serene temples and an ancient gingko tree.
Hike further to see the enchanting Laojun Pavilion, and if the weather permits, admire the spectacular views from here over the city of Dujiangyan far below.
After descending by foot and cable car, and having lunch at a local restaurant, travel to the Qinyan Pavilion, where a viewing platform commands panoramic views of the Dujiangyan irrigation project.
Take in the scale of the system — the world’s oldest and only surviving non-dam irrigation facility — and learn how this 3rd-century BC marvel still channels waters from the River Minjiang to the surrounding farmlands.
Then, continue to the Erwang Temple (Two Kings Temple), a grandiose wooden complex on the banks of the Minjiang built to honor the irrigation system’s designers.
From here, walk across the Anlan Suspension Bridge to view two of Dujiangyan’s best-known sections — Fish Mouth Weir and Bottle-Neck Channel.
See how his fish-mouth-shaped levee and channel funnel the river waters, and then stroll through Lidui Park and beautiful bonsai gardens before returning to Chengdu. Your tour then ends back at the starting point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY West China Go Travel Service
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas