- Half-day tour of the Chengdu Panda Breeding Center or Dujiangyan Giant Panda Center
- Learn about the different stages of a giant panda’s life, from infancy to adulthood
- Visit the red panda area to see these quiet but territorial creatures
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Departure point: Free picking up service from your city hotel or residence in Chengdu (all hotels within 3rd Ring Road), if you stay outside the 3rd Ring Road, then need to be picked up at the main gate of Wuhouci, or please contact us in advance to arrange to be picked up from your hotel or airport and pay extra cost to driver.
Return point: Returns to original departure point or can be drop-off at the city center.
What To Expect
Gain fascinating insight into the progression of baby pandas to adult pandas and admire the delicate newborns in a special infant panda area. Continue to enrich your knowledge of the majestic mammals by observing adolescent pandas between the age of one and five; listen to the importance of this vital maturity period and capture photographs of these enchanting and endangered creatures as they relax in their natural environment.
Scour the trees for vibrant red pandas as your tour comes to a conclusion and then climb aboard your comfortable vehicle for the return journey back to your Chengdu hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Volunteer are available. Please consult our customer service for availability for this option.
- Customers who book the panda volunteer option will tour the Dujiangyan Giant Panda Center. The center is approximately 90 minutes away from central Chengdu.
- Customers who book the panda volunteer option please provide your date of birth.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Samtour of Chengdu OTC Travel
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "Go early because that’s when the pandas are active and if it’s not not too hot." See review
- "This is a great activity that you can easily fit in one afternoon, and the Panda parc is anyway a must do if you go to Chengdu." See review
- "Jenny also mentioned that the normal feeding time is between 8am to 9am so we did see a lot of the Pandas eating." See review