- 1.5- or 2-hour Segway tour of Charlotte
- Ride by the museums in Uptown’s vibrant arts district
- Visit historic highlights like Trade & Tryon (Independence Square) and the Fourth Ward
- Check out The Green, a park with sculptures and whimsical signposts that honor great world literature
- Learn about Charlotte's history at the Old Settlers’ and the Elmwood/Pinewood Cemeteries (if option selected)
- See the home stadium of the Carolina Panthers NFL football team (if option selected)
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Inside the Overstreet Mall Address: 101 S. Tryon St. Charlotte, NC 28280 Directions: Next to Top Shoe Repair, Underneath The Omni Hotel lobby
What To Expect
Option 1: 1.5-hour Segway tour
Start your tour by making your way to the Levine Avenue of the Arts to stop at the Bechtler Museum, a relatively new attraction in Charlotte that showcases the Bechtler family’s impressive collection of modern art. Admire the imposing 17-foot (5-meter) outdoor sculpture “The Firebird," covered in shimmering mosaic tiles.
On the other side of this avenue is the Mint Museum, the oldest art museum in Charlotte, and the Gantt Center for African-American Arts and Culture, home to exhibitions and performances. Glide into The Green, an urban park lined with sculptures that celebrate great literature. Then make your way over to the center of Charlotte at Trade and Tryon streets. Your tour ends with a visit to the Fourth Ward, a pretty area known for its historic Victorian homes.
Option 2: 2-hour Segway tour
If you'd like to cover a bit more ground by Segway, opt for a longer tour where you'll hit all of the sights above, as well as the Old Settlers’ Cemetery dating back to 1776. Your guide will share the names of some of the prominent citizens who have been laid to rest at this historic burial site, as well as at your next stop, the Elmwood/Pinewood Cemetery. Return to modern times with a visit to the Carolina Panthers' football stadium.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Must arrive 30-minutes early for Segway training prior to tour time.
- Minimum age is 12 years old and must weight at least 100 lbs.
- Participants under 18, they must be with a parent or responsible party 21yrs or older and have a signed waiver from a parent
- Minimum weight is 100lbs so the Segway computer can respond to your movement.
- Maximum weight is 260lbs.
- Dress code: wear comfortable closed toe shoes, weather appropriate layers, and no hats
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not pregnant travelers are allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- OPERATED BY Charlotte NC Tours LLC, Greenville Glides
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "I highly recommend the tour to anyone new to the uptown Charlotte area or residents of Charlotte that would like an informative tour and history of the area." See review