12 hours (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
The Samaria Gorge is well known for its precipitous cliffs, ancient forests and spectacular views of the White Mountains, but it can be a challenging hike – especially for people who haven’t visited the Gorge before. Don’t let that stand in your way with this guided walk through the Gorge. Tackle this full-day trek in a small group with your tour guide bringing up the rear, giving you the opportunity to ramble through the Gorge at your own pace, rather than the group’s pace.
- Swim, shop or relax after your trek in the charming village of Agia Roumeli
- Enjoy the sea air with an end-of-tour boat ride from Agia Roumeli to Sfakia
- Round-trip transfers available from Rethymno and other northern towns
- Streamline the pick-up process with e-tickets that can be downloaded to your phone
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pick-up and drop off (at Panormo, Scaleta, Adele, Platanias, Missiria, Rethymno town, Atsipopoulo, Kavros and Georgioupoli)
Professional English and German Guide
Admission to Samaria (€5)
Boat ticket (€11)
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
▪︎ Pick-up and drop off (in Panormo, Scaleta, Adele, Platanias, Missiria, Rethymno town, Atsipopoulo, Kavros and Georgioupoli)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable shoes
- At the time of booking please mention your hotel name and location. You will be notified by email about the pickup point and time
- Pickup begins up to 90 minutes before tour starts and is done from central meeting points near the hotels, only in the areas of Panormo, Scaleta, Adele, Platanias, Missiria, Rethymno town, Atsipopoulo, Kavros and Georgioupoli
- The 5 to 6-hour trek is challenging. You must have good trekking shoes or at least a sturdy pair of trainers
- This trek is not recommended for children under the age of 6, pregnant women or anyone with health problems
- Swimming suits
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY PLATANOS TOURS
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Samaria Gorge Trek: Full-Day Excursion from Rethymno?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Samaria Gorge Trek: Full-Day Excursion from Rethymno?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Samaria Gorge Trek: Full-Day Excursion from Rethymno?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Product code: 105339P5