4 to 5 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
You may also like
Exploring off-road in Crete means hiring a 4WD and doing your own navigating. This half-day tour from Georgioupolis, Rethymnon, and other resorts does everything for you, with a guide to unlock a range of rural and culinary experiences on top. Focus on the scenery as your 4WD roams beaches, forests, and mountain tracks; view historical ruins; taste olive oils and cheeses; and savor a meal with a local family.
- Half-day Crete 4WD tour from Georgioupolis, Rethymnon, Chania, and Kalives
- Skip self-drive and explore Crete’s wilds, foods, and traditions with ease
- Trace off-road trails, see beaches, taste olive oils and cheese, and more
- Includes meal with local family and convenient hotel pickup and drop-off
Saved to wishlist!
Pick up from hotel
The second drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
all hotels on Georgioupolis Area,
all hotels on Kavros Area,
all hotels on Rethymno Area,
all hotels on Almyrida Area,
all hotels on Kalives Area,
all hotels on Chania Area.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- CRETAN CHEESES
- Cretan livestock farming has hardly changed over the years. It is based on small animals, mainly sheep and goats, rather than cows, and in the main part the animals graze freely or are partially stabled. All year round, the animals either roam free or are kept in traditional pens, and they feed almost exclusively on Cretan herbs and bushes. The plants and shrubs which are native to Crete have a distinct scent and high nutritional value. This specifically Cretan flora, combined with the local breeds of animals, contributes to the distinctive character of Cretan products. Local breeds of animals are fully acclimatised to the island’s weather and there is no need to use either drugs or antibiotics. Cretan dairy products are made from goat and sheep's milk, which are also used to make cheeses and yoghurt. Traditionally, small quantities of dairy products are a daily part of the Cretan diet. Studies have shown that eating dairy products reduces the risk of hypertension, stroke and colorectal cancer.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Georgioupolis Safari
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Half-Day Georgioupolis Off-Road Adventure with Meal?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Half-Day Georgioupolis Off-Road Adventure with Meal?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Product code: 71094P3
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsNature and WildlifeSafarisExtremeDay Trips & ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingCreteChania4WD Tours - CreteSporting Events - CreteNature and Wildlife - CreteSafaris - CreteExtreme - CreteCategory