- Tour of Kuelap Fortress including a cable car ride from Chachapoyas
- Perfect for history enthusiasts
- Take a cable car and optional horseback ride to the hilltop perch of the pre-Inca fortress
- Marvel at more than 400 houses and ceremonial buildings with a guide
- Lunch and hotel pickup in Chachapoyas are included
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Tour departs from Chachapoyas hotels. Please Note: This service doesn't include pick up in private residencies, example; Airbnb Directions: Near to Chachapoyas Main Square Dates: Daily Return point: Returns to original departure point
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Climb aboard a cable car and enjoy spectacular views of the Utcubamba Valley as you ascend to the vertiginous perch of Kuelap Fortress. From Kuelap tourist center, choose to take a short uphill hike or horseback ride to the archaeological site.
Enter through a gap in the 65-foot (20-meter) walls and appreciate more than 400 dwelling and ceremonial buildings alongside history-rich commentary from your guide.
After a thorough exploration, return to Tingo Nuevo town for lunch and then relax during the transfer back to your Chachapoyas accommodation.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Use light clothing and comfortable shoes (light hiking boots)
- Bring at least 2 liters of water, hat, sunglasses, sunblock, repellent and camera with extra battery
- In rainy season (November to March): Bring raincoat
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Viajes Pacifico
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
See all safety measures taken by Kuelap Ancient Fortress Day Trip by Cable Car from Chachapoyas.