- Hiking or horseback riding tour to the Gocta Waterfalls from Chachapoyas
- Perfect for nature lovers and active travelers
- Enjoy a moderate hike through dramatic Amazon landscapes
- Opt to travel to the Gocta Waterfalls by horseback for a less strenuous option
- Refresh beneath one of the world's highest waters and swim in the surrounding pools
- Lunch is included
Departure & Return
Departure Point: The tour departs from Chachapoyas city. Please contact us to coordinate an appropriate meeting point Dates: Daily Return point: Returns to original departure point
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Depending on your riding experience and fitness level, choose to travel to the Gocta Waterfalls on foot or on the back of a horse. Whichever way you choose, spectacular jungle scenery is abundant: see monkeys swinging between trees and, with luck, spot the native Peruvian bird known as the cock of the rock.
On arrival at the Gocta Waterfalls, you’ll have a chance to plunge into the pools created by some of the world’s highest falls—note these pools are pretty cold.
Following free time to relax at the waterfalls, you’ll return to Cocachimba and revitalize with lunch before returning to your original departure point in Chachapoyas city.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Use light clothing and comfortable shoes (light hiking boots). No sandals are allowed
- Bring at least 2 liters of water, hat, sunglasses, sunblock, repellent and camara with extra battery,
- In rainy season (November to March): Bring raincoat and boots.
- Not recommended for participants with serious medical conditions, pregnant woman or people with back problems.
- Level of difficulty is moderate
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Viajes Pacifico
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.