7 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Travel from volcanic lava fields to caves to seabeds in one day with this Mt. Etna day trip from Catania. With a guide, you'll visit the Rifugio Sapienza base at the foot of Mt. Etna while hearing about the volcano's history. Continue by foot along the walking trails of Parco dell'Etna, or travel by cable car and minibus up to Torre del Filosofo to admire the great central crater at your own expense. In the afternoon, you'll check out a lava cave, visit an organic farm for tastings, and relax at the lava seabeds of Aci Castello. Snorkel equipment is included.
- Volcano, lava cave, and volcanic seabed tour from Catania
- Hike along the picturesque trails of Parco dell'Etna
- Peer into the lava caves as you explore by torchlight
- Taste local honey and wine at a farm in Zafferana
- Snorkel or swim around the lava seabeds of Aci Castello
Saved to wishlist!
Shuttle bus (return)
The kit for visiting the Cave
Trekking shoes (on request)
INFANT price - Baby seat and baby carrier included
All that is not specified under “the cost includes
Cableway + 4x4 minibus + alpinist guide to reach 3000 m € 66.00 (to pay on the spot)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Accommodations, port, stations or airport in Catania
- Catania Airport, Via Fontanarossa, 95121 Catania CT, Italy
- Porto di Catania - Molo di Levante, 95121 Catania, Province of Catania, Italy
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY EtnaTribe
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during From Catania mt. Etna and Snorkeling full day tour?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during From Catania mt. Etna and Snorkeling full day tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during From Catania mt. Etna and Snorkeling full day tour?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Compare Similar Experiences
From Catania mt. Etna and Snorkeling full day tour
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore Excursions4WD ToursSporting EventsBus ToursExtremePorts of Call ToursFull-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsShore ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingCataniaShore Excursions - Sicily4WD Tours - SicilySporting Events - SicilyBus Tours - SicilyExtreme - SicilyPorts of Call Tours - SicilyFull-day Tours - SicilyShore Excursions - Taormina4WD Tours - TaorminaSporting Events - TaorminaBus Tours - TaorminaExtreme - TaorminaPorts of Call Tours - TaorminaFull-day Tours - TaorminaShore Excursions - Syracuse4WD Tours - SyracuseSporting Events - SyracuseBus Tours - SyracuseExtreme - SyracusePorts of Call Tours - SyracuseFull-day Tours - SyracuseCategory