- Learn how to make traditional dishes like empanadas or coconut rice
- Visit a local open-air market to select ingredients
- Cook in a family kitchen just outside the Centro Historico
- Round-trip transportation from central Cartagena
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Transfer to a local open-air market to meet your chef/instructor. Peruse the market for ingredients you'll use to make the day's dishes. Immerse yourself in the colors, smells and tastes of the bustling local market, learn how locals shop for their daily produce and cooking supplies. Taste exotic fruit juices and fried snacks such as papa rellena, carmanola and arepae'huevo.
Once you've collected the necessary ingredients, proceed to the local family's kitchen, in a house located just outside the Centro Historico. Together, prepare the dishes under the chef's direction, then sit down to enjoy the fruits of your labor.
Get convenient drop-off back at your hotel or in downtown Cartagena after the class.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress code is smart casual. Closed toe shoe is a Must.
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Pickup point must be reconfirm at the time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Duran Duran Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "Seeing all the fresh fruit, vegetables, meat and seafood - many of which you do not see in North America - is a real treat." See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews