- Full-day tour of Troy and Gallipoli from Canakkale
- Visit the ruins of Troy, the city made famous by Greek mythology
- Tour the age-old relics and see the replica wooden Trojan Horse
- Explore the key sites of Gallipoli, the setting of the brutal WWI campaign
- Visit ANZAC Cove and other combat sites and memorials to the fallen
- Learn the stories and facts behind both Troy and Gallipoli
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan, ferry ride, entrance fees, and lunch in Canakkale included
Departure & Return
Address: Anzac House Hostel Canakkale Cumhuriyet Bulvari 59 Canakkale
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
On route, hear the tale of Troy, the ancient city thought to be the setting of Homer’s Iliad, an 8th-century BC story that tells of the Trojan War between the Greeks and the Trojans triggered by the abduction of Helen by the Trojan prince, Paris.
Learn about the discovery of the ruins in the 1870s and today’s ongoing excavations. Nine cities have been found here, dating to 3,500 BC, including sacrificial altars and 3,700-year-old city walls.
Explore the remnants, hearing about the first house of Troy, from 3,000 to 2,500 BC, through to Troy IX, and seeing highlights including the Odeon (Concert Hall), and the replica of the wooden Trojan Horse used to sack the city.
After lunch in Canakkale, continue to Gallipoli’s WWI battlefields, the scenes of the bloody 1915 Allied-Turk campaign. Hear the story behind the battles as you visit sites including Brighton Beach, ANZAC Cove, Johnston's Jolly, and the Nek and Walker’s Ridge. Plus, honor those who died at Ari Burnu, the Beach Cemetery, Lone Pine Cemetery, the Turkish Memorial, and Chunuk-Bair.
Your trip then concludes at the departure point in Canakkale.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Hassle Free Travel
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms