Explore our promoted experiences
- Private day trip to the Great Pyramids, Sphinx, Cairo Museum and Khan el Khalili bazaar from Cairo
- Guided introduction to the three pyramids
- Free time to enter one of the pyramids (additional cost)
- Visit the enigmatic Sphinx
- Tutankhamun's coffins and death mask in Cairo's Egyptian Museum
- Free time to shop in bustling Khan el Khalili bazaar
- Enjoy privileged, personalized attention from your expert Egyptologist guide on this special private tour
- Pick-up and drop-off from central Cairo hotels
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
What To Expect
Visit the Giza Plateau in the el-Giza district, to admire the three Giza pyramids. Marvel at these massive ancient burial tombs, built around 2,500 BC, and learn how and why they were constructed.Get free time to enter one of the pyramids (additional cost) and explore its empty inner chambers independently — your guide is not permitted to enter with you.
Gaze up at the colossal Sphinx, the enigmatic statue of a human-headed lion that guards the pyramids, and if you wish, visit the Solar Boat Museum (additional cost); home to the funerary boat of Khufu, the pharaoh for whom the Great Pyramid was built. Admire the beautiful wooden boat, once used to transport Khufu’s body to the site, and learn how its remnants were discovered and reassembled.
Then, head inside Cairo’s Egyptian Museum, home to some 120,000 incredible ancient artifacts. Let your guide introduce you to some of the highlights, including the star attraction: the treasures of Tutankhamun. Admire the boy king’s gold death mask, coffins and funerary treasures, and learn about his short and troubled reign. Then, enjoy some free time to explore the museum at leisure.
Finish with a visit to Khan el-Khalili bazaar, Cairo’s main souk. Meander through the bustling lanes and perhaps haggle for goodies such as gold, rugs, spices and other wares.
If you’ve upgraded to include lunch, take a break for your meal as you travel between the sites. In addition, pay a short visit to a papyrus institute to see how time-honored papyrus artworks are created. See some artists in action and if you wish, purchase some papyrus paintings.
When the time comes, your tour ends with a drop-off back at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY South Sinai Travel
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Private Tour: Giza Pyramids, Sphinx, Egyptian Museum, Khan el-Khalili Bazaar.