- 5-hour Cairns shore excursion: Barron Gorge National Park and Kuranda National Park
- Explore off-the-beaten-track in a 4WD
- Admire natural wonders like the Barron Gorge, Surprise Falls, and Barron Falls
- Explore the wet tropics rainforest of the Kuranda National Park
- Great-value tour includes port pick-up, entrance fees, and round-trip transport
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Small-group tour limited to 13 people ensures a personalized experience
Departure & Return
Driver will be carrying a Discovery Tours Australia sign
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
Soak up the scenery as you climb through the Lamb Range and look out over Cairns city and Green Island on the Great Barrier Reef. Stop nearby to stroll around the gigantic Copperlode Dam, Cairns’ water supply, and snap photos of Lake Morris from the dam wall.
It’s now time to head off the beaten track and make the most of your exclusive access permit. Venture off-piste as you explore little-visited rainforest trails and wind your way through the Great Dividing Range, Australia’s largest mountain range. Along the way, hop out to spot exotic wildlife and unique flora like the Clohesy River Fig, in the heart of the rainforest.
Keep your eyes glued to the road as the landscapes change from the lush Wet Tropics rainforest to the beginning of Australia’s vast Savannah country, then take a detour to Kuranda Village.
Continue to the Upper Barron Gorge National Park and pause at the Wrights lookout for a stunning photo opportunity, gazing out over the Barron Gorge and back towards the coastal plains and Cairns City. Then, take a short drive to the Barron Falls lookout to view possibly the most famous waterfall in Northern Queensland – the spectacular Barron Falls.
Finally, turn back towards Cairns and follow the Wet Tropics World Heritage drive through the mesmerizing landscapes of the Kuranda range. Make one final stop at the Henry Ross Lookout, for a view of Cairns’ northern beaches and the Coral Sea Coast, before returning to your cruise port in time to board your ship.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not recommended for children 4 years and under
- Please bring your own bottle of water
- Tour is not available from Port Douglas
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time, and re-boarding time
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travelers
- OPERATED BY Discovery Tours Australia
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands