- Half-or full-day guided Great Barrier Reef tour by helicopter and boat
- Snorkel, swim, or scuba dive with expert guides at exclusive locations on one of the most famous coral reefs in the world
- Marvel at aerial views of the Great Barrier Reef during a scenic helicopter flight
- Learn from informative commentary during your helicopter flight and boat cruise
Departure & Return
For the Cruise and Fly option, this will be your starting point at the Reef Fleet Terminal at the Down Under Cruise and Dive check-in counter.
For the Fly and Cruise, and Fly and Fly option, this will be your starting point.
For those doing the Cruise and Fly, Fly and Fly option, this will be your end point.
For those doing the Fly and Cruise option, the boat will take you back to the Reef Fleet Terminal in Cairns.
What To Expect
Eighteen expert guides lead activities, assist with snorkel or scuba diving equipment, and provide instruction to both newcomers and experienced participants. Even non-swimmers can get in the water with flotation devices and see the reef
Optional activities include scuba diving at the Great Barrier Reef, one of the world’s top dive locations! A complimentary SCUBA demonstration is provided before the purchase of the introductory dive course. (Available only on the morning boat cruise). The full-day excursion has time for a total of three dives at two different locations for already certified scuba divers. The dives can be booked on the boat, and dive gear and dive computers are provided.
Your guides choose from 12 exclusive moorings at six locations for the best possible experience on the day of your tour. Generally, the boat visits one of the true Outer Great Barrier Reef locations (Saxon Reef or Norman Reef) in the morning. The afternoon features North Hastings Reef for snorkeling and helicopter flight connections.
A tasty Australian barbecue buffet lunch is served on the boat. The spread may include fresh fish, sausages, steak, salads, and pasta. At the end of your tour, return to the mainland by boat or helicopter, depending on the tour you choose.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Weight Policy: Individual passenger weights and accompanying carry on luggage MUST be advised at time of booking. Weight variances greater than 10% may incur an additional fee. Maximum single seat payload of 130kg. For passenger comfort and aircraft weight and balance, passengers exceeding 130kg are required to purchase an additional seat at 50% of ticket price - this is non-commissionable and payable to Nautilus Aviation on day of travel.
- There is a maximum of 6 to 7 passengers depending on aircraft availability.
- Evidence of dive certification is required from all divers wishing to participate in a certified dive
- Diving within 48 hours of flying is not recommended.(Please note: This does not include the helicopter flight). All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
- Child Policy: Children 3 years and above are charged adult rates. Subject to conditions, children under 3 years may travel free of charge when seated on a parents/guardians lap.
- For the Fly/Cruise option you will have a compulsory 20 minute safety briefing before being allowed enter the water, this is part of your two hours out at the reef. It is recommended that you wear swimmers upon check in for this option
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- OPERATED BY Nautilus Aviation
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands