- Full-day Great Barrier Reef cruise
- See the underwater sights without getting wet from a glass-bottom or semi-submersible vessel
- Enjoy a buffet lunch
Departure & Return
The Sunlover reservations desk is inside the Reef Fleet Terminal on the ground floor. All guests must check in and collect their boarding pass between 8:30 am and 9:15 am. The boat departs from the A finger right beside the terminal.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
The pontoon is equipped with Wi-Fi, change rooms, and showers. A buffet lunch is provided for beverages, you may purchase soft drinks and alcoholic drinks from the onboard bar, as well as additional snacks or ice cream. For protection from the elements, Lycra sun suits are included or you can hire neoprene wetsuits (additional cost); the Great Barrier Reef is home to jellyfish and other stinging species (jellyfish season is November to May).
After ample time on the pontoon, your day trip ends with the return cruise to Cairns.
If you prefer to stay dry, take a glass-bottom boat ride or tour by semi-submersible vessel to spot clownfish, starfish, clams, anemone coral and more. Watch a fish-feeding demonstration, and check out the onboard touch tank for a hands-on look at marine life. When you want to cool off, jump in the water with your provided snorkeling equipment to look for resident sea creatures like Dolla the turtle or Wally the hump-headed Maori wrasse. Watch for manta rays, clownfish and maybe even whales in the winter months.
Seawalker Helmet diving: Take a walk on an underwater platform to enjoy the thrill of scuba diving without the scuba requirements. No diving experience is necessary to participate in this guided activity, and numbers are limited to six people per group to provide personalized attention.
Introductory dive: If you’re a beginner scuba diver, take an introductory dive with a group.
Certified dive: If you are an experienced diver, enjoy two certified dives.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 12 years for SCUBA diving and Seawalker Helmet dive
- Please ensure you bring your dive certification for Certified SCUBA dives
- All dives are subject to an on board medical checklist, please contact us for more information.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 308 travelers
- OPERATED BY Sunlover Reef Cruises
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Outer Reef Pontoon Experience from Cairns.