10 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Escape the tourist trail for an off-road adventure in Australia’s tropical north on this full-day tour from Cairns. Hop aboard a 4WD for a thrilling tour of the Barron Gorge National Park and Kuranda National Park, exploring hidden trails not normally accessible to the public and admiring natural wonders like Surprise Falls and Lake Morris. After free time to enjoy lunch (own expense) and browse the markets in Kuranda Village, enjoy aerial views over the Kuranda rainforest with a ride on the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway or Scenic Railway.
- Full-day 4WD tour of Barron Gorge and Kuranda from Cairns
- Venture off-road in the Barron Gorge and Kuranda national parks
- See Surprise Falls, Lake Morris and Copperlode Dam
- Enjoy free time to explore Kuranda village
- Choose to ride either the Kuranda Skyrail Cableway or the Kuranda Scenic Railway
- Great-value tour includes hotel pick-up and round-trip transport from Cairns
- Small-group tour ensures a personalized experience
Saved to wishlist!
National Park fees
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Transport by 4WD vehicle with Certified Licensed Driver / Guide
One-way ride on the Kuranda Scenic Railway
Coffee and/or Tea
Upgrades on railway ride
Tour Only operates from Cairns City Hotels
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Centrally located Cairns accommodations
Dates: Every Day except Christmas Day
Return point: Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for children 4 years and under
- Please bring your own water
- Bring or wear clothing/gear for wet weather (November to June)
- Minimum of 04 passengers required to operate this tour
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- OPERATED BY Discovery Tours Australia
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Cairns 4WD Waterfall and Rainforest Tour Including Kuranda Scenic Railway ?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Cairns 4WD Waterfall and Rainforest Tour Including Kuranda Scenic Railway ?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Cairns 4WD Waterfall and Rainforest Tour Including Kuranda Scenic Railway ?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Cairns 4WD Waterfall and Rainforest Tour Including Kuranda Scenic Railway
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursRail ToursSporting EventsNature and WildlifeExtremeEco ToursFull-day ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingCairns & the Tropical North4WD Tours - QueenslandRail Tours - QueenslandSporting Events - QueenslandNature and Wildlife - QueenslandExtreme - QueenslandEco Tours - QueenslandFull-day Tours - Queensland4WD Tours - AeroglenRail Tours - AeroglenSporting Events - AeroglenNature and Wildlife - AeroglenExtreme - AeroglenEco Tours - AeroglenFull-day Tours - Aeroglen4WD Tours - Port DouglasRail Tours - Port DouglasSporting Events - Port DouglasNature and Wildlife - Port DouglasExtreme - Port DouglasEco Tours - Port DouglasFull-day Tours - Port DouglasCategory
Mt. WhitfieldMuddy's PlaygroundCairns Botanic GardensMamu Tropical SkywalkGranite Gorge Nature ParkCairns Night Markets & Food CourtEsplanade BoardwalkLake BarrineFitzroy IslandCairns AquariumRusty's Markets Wet Tropics World Heritage AreaCairns Zoom & Wildlife DomeRed Arrow WalkRainForeStation Nature ParkKuranda Koala GardensBirdworld KurandaMichaelmas CayCentenary Lakes Barron Gorge National Park