5 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Try scuba diving while in Byron Bay with a 5-hour class that includes a diving session at Julian Rocks Marine Reserve. Your diving course includes equipment hire, one lesson in the swimming pool, and a guided dive at Julian Rocks—where you can see tropical species found on the Great Barrier Reef along with marine life from the depths of Australia's Southern Ocean. Species often encountered include manta rays, turtles, blue gropers, and wobbegongs, along with an assortment of hard and soft corals.
- 5-Hour Byron Bay introductory scuba diving tour
- Learn scuba diving basics with an expert instructor
- Begin with a lesson at the dive shop pool, then head out to Julian Rocks for an open water dive
- Choice of several time slots throughout the day
- Hot showers are available at the dive shop
- Includes scuba instructor, use of diving equipment and storage locker, boat ride, and bottled water
Saved to wishlist!
Use of scuba diving equipment (fins, mask, snorkel, wetsuit, BCD, regulators, cylinder, weight belt)
Qualified scuba instructor
Lockers for your valuables and bags
Bottled water on board the vessel
Parking fee for public parking in Byron Bay
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
9 Marvell St, Byron Bay NSW 2481, Australia
Please meet us at Byron Bay Dive Centre front office.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for participants with serious medical conditions.
- All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to scuba diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions may prevent you from scuba diving, please consult your doctor
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date and time or full refund
- Please note that we require a minimum of 2 people to be booked at each time for the Introductory Dive to run. We can run an Introductory dive for 1 person at an extra charge of AU$65.00
- Flying after diving: If only one dive is undertaken then a minimum of 12 hours is recommended before flying. If more than one dive is conducted in the day, or multiple days of diving are undertaken then an interval of 24 hours is recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- A dive medical is not compulsory if you have no medical issues; however if you are 45 years of age and over or have or had any of the following conditions: Asthma, Diabetes, Epilepsy, Heart problems, Lung problems, Ear problems, High or Low blood pressure, COVID-19, current cold/cough/flu/chest infection, then you will need to provide a recreational dive medical on arrival.
- All participants must be able to swim and be comfortable in the water.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative date and time or full refund.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- COVID-19 Vaccination - All members of your booking will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with an approved COVID-19 Vaccination or have a medical or age exemption to enter the dive centre.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- OPERATED BY Byron Bay Dive Centre
This experience is non-refundable and cannot be changed for any reason. If you cancel or ask for an amendment, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during 5-Hour Byron Bay Introductory Scuba Diving Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during 5-Hour Byron Bay Introductory Scuba Diving Tour?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during 5-Hour Byron Bay Introductory Scuba Diving Tour?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
5-Hour Byron Bay Introductory Scuba Diving Tour
Explore Similar Things to Do
Scuba DivingWater SportsOutdoor ActivitiesByron BayScuba Diving - New South WalesScuba Diving - Gold CoastScuba Diving - Noosa & Sunshine CoastCategory