- Day trip to Montevideo, including a scenic ferry ride from Buenos Aires
- Enjoy a guided sightseeing tour of Montevideo, the capital of Uruguay
- See spectacular landmarks such as the Parliament Building and Solis Theater
- Enjoy free time to explore the city, shop and discover impressive sites at your leisure
- Upgrade to include hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Please head to the Ferry Terminal. Once you arrive at the terminal, turn to your left and check-in with a representative at the Buquebus counter. The ferry leaves at 7:30am and it is recommended that you arrive there at 6am Return point: Returns to original departure point.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
After arriving on land, embark on a tour of the city’s highlights. With a unique atmosphere that combines Latin American and European cultural influences, Montevideo is an artistic hub known for its rich theatrical and musical scene. See the beautifully restored Solis Theater — one of the first theaters in South America.
Admire the impressive colonial architecture of Plaza Independencia, including the Palacio Salvo — Uruguay’s tallest building. See the majestic marble statue of national military hero General José Gervasio Artigas, and keep your camera ready for the many highlights of Montevideo’s old and new quarters.
In the afternoon, enjoy several hours of leisure time in the city. Taste regional flavors with lunch at a local restaurant (own expense), and delve into the history of this historic port town at a variety of museums and cultural centers. Browse artisanal goods at local shops or stroll along the lovely coastline.
Connect with your group at the appointed time and place, and board the ferry for the return trip to Buenos Aires. Gain a new fantastic new perspective on the Argentinian metropolis as you approach from water. After landing at the dock, you’ll either be transported back to your hotel (if option selected) or make your own way to your next destination.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note: a current valid passport is required to enter Uruguay
- Possession of proper government issued documentation is the responsibility of the passenger. You may require additional documentation to enter Uruguay. A Uruguayan visa may be required for some nationalities; check your home country requirements for entering Uruguay.
- Passport number, date of birth, nationality and complete name are required to complete the reservation process for this tour
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tangol
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms