- Drive along the coast of the Rio de la Plata on Costanera Avenue
- See the mansions of San Isidro and the San Isidro Cathedral
- Explore another aspect of Argentinean life outside of Buenos Aires
- Enjoy a catamaran ride on the Tigre Delta to see its waterfront homes on stilts
Departure & Return
Meet your guide at the cruise port, starting point to be confirmed.
This excursion concludes within a 15-minute taxi ride to the cruise port, in Buenos Aires.
What To Expect
Visit San Isidro, the town where many wealthy Argentine families fled during the yellow fever epidemic in the 1800s. Its spectacular Gothic cathedral dates back to 1706. Continue on to Tigre, stepping aboard a comfortable catamaran for a 40-minute boat ride departing from the Puerto de Frutas. As you cruise, learn from your guide how local residents conduct their lives on the water.
Visit the home of former Argentine president Domingo Sarmiento and the museum dedicated to his life. See homes built on stilts atop what was once a swamp, but has now been developed into a neighborhood with grass footpaths. View the floating supermarket and the plethora of water taxis, keys to daily life in this town of waterways.
Conclude your excursion by finding your own way back to the cruise port, just a 15-minute taxi ride away (own expense). Make sure you have plenty of time to get back to the port before your ship departs, as this excursion is not covered by our worry-free policy.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note: tour operator does not have the capacity to look after customers with luggage
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tangol
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms