Explore our promoted experiences
- Private Jewish heritage walking tour in Budapest
- Stroll around Budapest’s key Jewish sites with a private guide
- Visit the Dohány Street Synagogue, Jewish Museum, and other sights
- See the Raoul Wallenberg and Tree of Life memorials
- Explore the Kazinczy Street Synagogue and have cake at a famous kosher patisserie (Grand Tour only)
- Choose your start time and from three tour options, each with a flexible itinerary
- Admission fees and hotel pickup included
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick up guests from centrally located hotels in Budapest.
What To Expect
Small Tour (2 hours):
Start at the Jewish Museum, exploring the art collections and Holocaust room with a local guide. Visit the Dohány Street Synagogue, Europe’s biggest working synagogue, and see the Martyrs’ Cemetery, and Raoul Wallenberg and Tree of Life memorials. Pass the Heroes’ Temple, and visit the Jewish Centre to spend time at the Family Research Center.
Essential Tour (2.5 hours):
Start at Deák Ferenc Square, learning about historical Pest and the Jewish Market, and seeing the Gábor Sztehlo memorial. Continue to Madách Square, site of Pest’s first synagogue, and pass the Rumbach Street Synagogue before following the Small Tour itinerary.
Grand Tour (4.5 hours):
Follow the Essential Tour route before heading to the Carl Lutz Memorial Park, dedicated to ‘Hungary’s Schindler,’ and after passing by the Rumbach Street Synagogue, we visit the Gozsdu Passage and Orthodox Jewish Quarter, then visiting the Kazinczy Street Synagogue. On route, stop for some delicious kosher cake at Budapest’s Fröhlich Confectionery.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- From 5 participants reduced group prices are available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Hungaria Koncert Kft.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms