Explore our promoted experiences
- Cheese, wine, and charcuterie tasting experience in Budapest
- Learn about Hungarian culinary history
- Led by a sommelier guide
- Included notes sheet to record tasting notes
Departure & Return
Look for the cellar entrance.
What To Expect
Hear about the artisanal cheese and charcuterie revival in Hungary after the end of the Communist era. Taste some of the country’s best examples, including beef sausage, smoked duck breast, free-range water buffalo salami, and mangalica pork sausages. Sip five glasses of wine made from indigenous Hungarian grape varietals, including some local wines that are hard to find elsewhere.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The tasting is approximately 1.5 hours.
- The legal drinking age is 18 in Hungary, so anyone aged 18 and above is welcome to participate
- Vegetarians are welcome, but please let us know in advance (so we can prepare alternatives)
- Seating is at communal tables in our tasting room
- Our tasting room is not wheelchair accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- OPERATED BY Taste Hungary
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Small group means it’s relaxed and you can talk to your table mates easily." See review