- Walking tour of the Buda Castle District, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- View Buda Castle, also called Buda Royal Palace (Kiralyi Palota)
- Walk over the cobblestone streets of Castle Hill (Varhegy)
- See medieval squares and Matthias Church (Matays-templom)
- Visit Fisherman's Bastion for amazing views of the Danube
- Enjoy a stop for coffee and cake
Departure & Return
In the middle of the square at Holy Trinity statue.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Get some light exercise climbing the steps up to the Royal Palace, set in the Buda Castle District. As you pass the old-world charm of Holy Trinity, and Disz Square, you also have the chance to see sites slightly off the beaten path.
Continuing on through the cobblestone streets, stop at the beautiful Matthias Church, named after King Matthias, and also known as The Church of Mary. Enjoy priority admission and a guided tour inside the church to learn more.
Your guide ends your tour with a glimpse of the seven towers. Head to the lookout point of Fisherman’s Bastion, which boasts one of the best views of the city. Take a picture from the top as you spot Margaret Island, Parliament, and the beautiful waters of the Danube below. After admiring the panoramic view, you have the option of traveling back to your original departure point with your guide or continuing to explore the area on your own.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please wear modest clothing (covering the shoulders and thighs) when visiting the church. Male visitors are requested to enter with a bare head
- Diplomatic receptions in the Castle District can alter the tour route any time of the year.
- You will need to be fit for light continuous walking, for up to 2.5 hours
- Tour goes in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY Absolute Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Budapest Castle District Walk with Matthias Church Entry.