8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Visit one of Europe’s most infamous battle sites on this private full-day Canadian World War I Somme battlefield tour from Bruges. Explore trenches dug by British Engineers before the Battle of Vimy with a private guide. See remnants of battle including huge craters created by underground explosions, such as Lochnagar Crater. After a light lunch, visit Thiepval Memorial to the Missing and explore the Beaumont Hamel New Foundland Memorial Park — where deep WWI trenches and iconic statues line the landscape.
- Private full-day tour of the Canadian World War I Somme battlefields from Bruges
- Visit WWI trenches used in the Battle of Vimy with a private guide
- Discover shell and mine craters from the heat of battle
- Tour includes pickup and drop-off from your Bruges hotel
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pick up also possible from other hotels in Bruges
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum two adults per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Ploegsteert Sector Battlefield Experience
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Full-Day Canadian WW1 Vimy and Somme Battlefield Tour from Bruges?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Full-Day Canadian WW1 Vimy and Somme Battlefield Tour from Bruges?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Full-Day Canadian WW1 Vimy and Somme Battlefield Tour from Bruges?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Full-Day Canadian WW1 Vimy and Somme Battlefield Tour from Bruges?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Full-Day Canadian WW1 Vimy and Somme Battlefield Tour from Bruges
2 hours 26 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingBrugesBus Tours - FlandersHistorical Tours - FlandersFull-day Tours - FlandersBus Tours - LilleHistorical Tours - LilleFull-day Tours - LilleBus Tours - BrusselsHistorical Tours - BrusselsFull-day Tours - BrusselsCategory
Basilica of the Holy Blood (Heilig-Bloedbasiliek)Bruges City Hall (Stadhuis van Brugge)DuveloriumFriet MuseumChurch of Our Lady (Onze-Lieve-Vrouwekerk)GroeningemuseumHistoric Centre of Bruges (Historisch Centrum van Brugge)Jerusalem Church (Jeruzalemkerk)Minnewater (Lake of Love)Lace Centre & Museum (Kantcentrum)Sint-Janshospitaal (Saint John's Hospital)Historium BruggeDe Halve Maan BreweryBelfry of Bruges (Belfort van Brugge)Old St. John Site (Site Oud Sint-Jan)Boudewijn Theme Park and Dolfinarium