- Private walking tour of Harlem in New York City
- Visit the Apollo Theater where many musical legends have performed
- See African-American artworks exhibited at the Studio Museum of Harlem
- Visit the Hamilton Grange, the home of Alexander Hamilton, one of the Founding Fathers of the United States
- Learn about Harlem's history and cultural importance
- Enjoy a personalized experience and tailored recommendations from your private guide
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Lobby of your hotel. Please provide the exact name and address of your hotel.
Your guide will meet you at your centrally-located hotel, hostel or vacation rental
You don't need to call to confirm the tour. The local supplier will contact you via email
What To Expect
Head into the heart of Harlem to visit the Apollo Theatre, the world-famous live music venue that has hosted legends such as Duke Ellington, Charlie Parker, James Brown, Ella Fitzgerald, and Stevie Wonder. Take a stroll along Striver's Row, aka the St. Nicholas Historic District, to see elegant 19th-century homes that are considered architectural gems.
Stop at the Harlem YMCA, which was one of the first YMCA's for African-Americans when it was founded in 1932. Continue to the City College of New York campus to view the Gothic-style Shepard Hall, a landmark building constructed in the early 1900s. Next, stop by the Studio Museum in Harlem, a contemporary art museum that focuses on African-American artists.
Stop for a bite at one of Harlem's most famous restaurants: Sylvia’s Soul Food, where VIPs including Nelson Mandela and Barack Obama have dined. Then visit the landmark Abyssinian Baptist Church, an important part of the community's spiritual, political, and cultural life. You'll also visit the Hamilton Grange National Memorial, the home built by Alexander Hamilton in 1802.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Private walking tour with the use of metro
- The tour can be modified to meet your preferences
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Friendly Local Guides
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands