- Full-day rock climbing tour on Mt Ngungun, near Brisbane
- Go rock climbing on routes that are suitable for beginning and intermediate climbers
- Climb under the supervision of an experienced guide
- Enjoy the breathtaking scenery of the volcanic Glass House Mountains
- Learn from your guide about the region's wildlife and geology
Departure & Return
Your guide will be waiting for you at the entrance to Mt Ngungun National Park, Fullertons Road, There is parking on either side of Fullertons road near this entrance.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Start with a safety briefing and introduction, then divide up the climbing gear to carry in to your climbing location and begin your scenic walk through the eucalyptus forest of the mountain range. Admire the domes, cones and spires of the Glass House Mountains that were left by volcanic activity from millions of years ago, contributing to this location's ideal terrain for rock climbing.
Expect to walk for up to one hour to cover the less than one mile hike (1.4 km) trail from the parking lot to the summit. Have a chance to rest when you reach the first climbing site while your guide sets up your climbing ropes. When ready, buddy up with a climbing partner and begin your climb, choosing the grade of difficulty that suits your skill level. Your guide may select an additional climbing site depending on the conditions that day.
Climb until approximately 1:30pm. Your guide then dismantles the climbing set-up and redistributes the gear for the walk back to the parking lot, which you aim to reach at approximately 2:30pm. Say farewell to your guide and climbing companions after a great day out at Mt Ngungun.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for people with noteworthy medical conditions, such as asthma, epilepsy, angina, diabetes, back- or leg-related physical concerns or conditions associated with pregnancy; please contact the local operator prior to booking if in doubt
- Activity is subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or in certain circumstances, a full refund
- A moderate level of fitness is required due to the amount of walking involved
- Minimum participant age is 8 years old (participants under 13 can climb only, they require a parent or legal guardian to belay them) and all participants under 16 years old must be accompanied by an parent or legal guardian)
- Participants under 18 years require a waiver to be signed by a parent or legal guardian
- Please wear non-restrictive clothing that suits the weather on the day; as the summit is exposed, a light/wind jacket may be handy
- Enclosed footwear should be worn, ideally hiking boots or running shoes, as the track is gravel or rock and has steep sections. A backpack is essential; it should be large enough to carry your water and your allocated safety equipment (25-liter capacity); it is recommended that you bring a minimum 2-3 liters of water, a hat, insect repellent, and sunscreen
- Please note there are no facilities (toilets) in the national park. Drinking water is available from the car park. As this is not a catered activity, you are required to bring your own food and beverages to keep you powered up
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY HIGHPOINT ADVENTURES PTY LTD T/A PINNACLE SPORTS
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff