Explore our promoted experiences
- Visit two châteaux and take a guided tour of the UNESCO World Heritage-listed St-Emilion (if option selected)
- Taste four different wines and learn expert wine-tasting tips
- Enjoy a French appetizer platter of local specialties including bread, cheese and cured meat
- Small-group tour limited to eight people ensures a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
In front of the Girondins Column Statue - Quinconces Square (Adresse / Address : 2792 Place des Quinconces, 33000 Bordeaux) Please be there 10min before tour departure (1.35pm)
What To Expect
Medoc wine tour:
Enjoy the scenic drive along the Castle Road of the Medoc region, passing well-known châteaux like Mouton-Rothschild, Latour or Margaux. Pause at a few photo-worthy places – in between learning about the history of the Bordeaux wine region from your expert guide – on your way to the first stop.
Arrive at the first château for a vineyard visit and wine tasting. You may stop at any one of several classified growth châteaux, including Paloumey, Siran, Cantenac-Brown or Lagrange. Tour the wine cellars, hear about the wine-making process and sample more wine, along with an array of French cheeses, bread and sausage.
At the second stop, visit the wine cellars and tour the château of this family-run estate, after which you'll get some additional wine-tasting expertise with a wine workshop.
St-Emilion wine tour:
Admire the beauty along the drive from Bordeaux into the St-Emilion countryside on the way to one of the following classified growth châteaux: Ferrand, Grand Mayne, Soutard or Pressac.
Sip a glass of the château's wine as you nibble on an assortment of local cheeses, fresh bread and sausage and learn about the wine-making process from your guide.
From there, head for a tour of the village of St-Emilion itself, a UNESCO-listed town that is partly carved from the surrounding rock. There are almost 800 châteaux in and around St-Emilion, one of which is your next stop.
Arrive at a family-run estate and take a guided stroll through the vineyards before adding to your growing knowledge of French wines with a wine workshop.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Must be 18 years of age to drink alcohol
- Minimum age is 10 years
- The tour may be cancelled if there is only 1 participant. We legally require a minimimum of two people to operate the tour. If so, we will contact the client and he will get a full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY BORDOVINO
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews