- Bordeaux highlights walking tour
- Get a comprehensive overview of Bordeaux from an experienced guide
- Explore Bordeaux’s historical city center to see attractions such as Monument aux Girondins and Place de la Bourse
- Admire the impressive Grand Théâtre in Place de la Comédie
Departure & Return
between Quinconces tram lines and Grand-Theatre. Please be present at the Tourist Office 10 minutes before departure of the tour. Departure at 10.30 am
Ask the guide how to come back to the Tourist Office; the end of the tour changes with the guide, the weather, it is not set.
What To Expect
Make your way to the magnificent Monument aux Girondins, a soaring fountain and column that celebrates the Girondists, a group of 18th-century, conservative National Assembly deputies executed in 1793 for their counter-revolutionary activities during the French Revolution.
Crane your neck to see the winged Statue of Liberty that crowns the column, and then stroll along the pretty banks of the Garonne River. Soak up the river views and pause at the Place de la Bourse, one of Bordeaux’s most recognizable squares. Created by Louis XV’s chief architect Ange-Jacques Gabriel in the 18th century, this impressive expanse is home to the handsome Stock Exchange (Bourse), and a the beautiful fountain of the three graces.
Continue to the Rue Sainte-Catherine, the traffic-free avenue that ranks as one of Europe’s longest pedestrianized thoroughfares. Saunter past the chic shops and restaurants that frame this street, and pass the Place de la Victoire on route to the Place de la Comédie.
Stop at this bustling square, and discover how it was once the location of a Roman temple. Pose for photos outside the sweeping, columned portico of the Grand Théâtre, a stunning neoclassical building that has become a symbol of the city. As admire the perfectly proportioned façade, hear how the theater was completed in 1780 and stands as a monument to the wealth of Bordeaux's emerging bourgeoisie at the time.
Drink in the buzz of the square, and then finish your tour back at the start point. Bid goodbye to your guide, who will be happy to offer tips if you wish to continue exploring Bordeaux independently.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Commentary is bilingual in both English and French
- A minimum of 5 people is required to confirm the tour
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- The itinerary varies with the guide the weather and the size of the group;
- You must bring your own mask
- must be able to walk during 2 hours
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY OT Bordeaux
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
See all safety measures taken by Bordeaux City Sights Walking Tour.