7 hours (approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Without a guided tour of Lake Guatavita, you might miss out on some of the history and folklore that make the area so much more than a beautiful destination. Private transit from Bogotá solves transportation logistics, making it easier for you to get out of the city to enjoy a guided hike, beautiful vistas, and traditional lunch, included, if the option is selected. Plus, value pricing makes this an ideal Bogotá day trip.
- Lake Guatavita tour from Bogotá makes a great day trip—no planning needed
- Take a guided hike to learn about the local ecosystem and spot wildlife
- Guide shares the stories and legends that make Lake Guatavita so intriguing
- Lunch and transportation from Bogotá included for a comfortable outing
Saved to wishlist!
Gran Colombia Tours Guide
Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Entry to Lake Guatavita
Lunch (Optional) - Menu of the day available at the restaurant
Departure & Return
We pick up our clients anywhere within Bogotá city - hotels, hostels, Air BnB, vacation rentals, points of interest, and also at El Dorado International airport.
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- If you have a layover in Bogotá please select the airport as a pick-up point for the layover tour.
- Most travelers can participate
- From july 20th to september 30th the entrance route to Guatavitá Lake is closed for maintenance, in order to get to the Guatavitá Lake you have to walk around 2 km from the point our driver drop you off.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Gran Colombia Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Village and Lake Guatavita Day Tour + Optional Lunch ?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Village and Lake Guatavita Day Tour + Optional Lunch ?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Village and Lake Guatavita Day Tour + Optional Lunch ?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Village and Lake Guatavita Day Tour + Optional Lunch ?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms