Explore our promoted experiences
- 1.5-hour manta ray night snorkeling in Kona
- Spend time snorkeling in the manta ray’s natural habitat
- Watch manta rays feed off plankton
- See the underwater world under lights from your vessel
- Enjoy warm soup, bread rolls, and hot drinks after your swim
- Choose between four different tour times
Departure & Return
Please check in 30 minutes prior to departure time. Street parking available, please allow at least 10 minutes to park and walk to the check in office.
What To Expect
Once you get checked in and set up, hop aboard your vessel with your guide and journey out onto the water under the moonlight. Your guide stops your boat near an area known to be a manta ray natural habitat. Rays are most active at night, so your chances of catching sight of them during this tour are higher than a daytime tour.
Snap on the last of your snorkel gear and jump into the ocean.The diving lights on your vessel are safe for the manta rays (and you), and allow better visibility for your evening dip. As you hang out by the manta ray natural habitat, keep an eye out for rays. The rays are quite big and feature wingspans up to 15-feet (4.5-meters) wide.
After your night snorkeling, dry off, and enjoy warm soup and a hot drink onboard. Your boat returns to your original departure point when the tour concludes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 26 travelers
- OPERATED BY Kona Sunrise Charters
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff