5 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore our promoted experiences
Discover Hawaii's Big Island which is famous for volcanoes—on an off-road craters Tour. Hop aboard a 4 Wheel Drive van for a breathtaking ride up the side of the Hualalai volcano. You'll pass giant craters and among both rainforest and lunar landscapes climbing 6,000 feet to explore an incredible lava tube on foot.
- Hualalai Holoholo 4x4 adventure tour on the Big Island
- Breathtaking panoramic views of the Hawaiian landscape
- Explore the volcano on foot
- Off-road travel up the side of Hualalai
- Learn about the Big Island's distinct geology and rock formations
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
This tour takes you on a thrilling off-road ride up the side of Hulalai Volcano.
Saved to wishlist!
Interpretative Naturalist Guide
Refillable filtered water, Juices, Sparkling Flavored Waters
Walking sticks, daypacks and rain gear
Hotel pick-up and drop off
Departure & Return
73-5593 A, Olowalu St, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740, USA
Across from Home Depot
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- We recommend that guests wear closed-toe walking shoes or hiking boots, shorts, short sleeved shirt, and bring a light sweatshirt or jacket
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not recommended for child aged 7 and under
- Not recommended for participants with back or neck problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Hawaii Forest and Trail
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Hidden Craters Hike?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Hidden Craters Hike?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Hidden Craters Hike?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Hidden Craters Hike?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Hidden Craters Hike
11 hours 30 minutes
3 hours 30 minutes
2 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsBus ToursHikingNature and WildlifeExtremeWalking ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingBig Island of Hawaii4WD Tours - HawaiiSporting Events - HawaiiBus Tours - HawaiiHiking - HawaiiNature and Wildlife - HawaiiExtreme - HawaiiWalking Tours - HawaiiHalf-day Tours - Hawaii4WD Tours - MauiSporting Events - MauiBus Tours - MauiHiking - MauiNature and Wildlife - MauiExtreme - MauiWalking Tours - MauiHalf-day Tours - Maui4WD Tours - OahuSporting Events - OahuBus Tours - OahuHiking - OahuNature and Wildlife - OahuExtreme - OahuWalking Tours - OahuHalf-day Tours - OahuCategory
Kapaau Tours & TicketsHilo Farmers Market Tours & TicketsKalapana Tours & TicketsKilauea Volcano Tours & TicketsNaha Stone Tours & TicketsBanyan Drive Tours & TicketsRainbow Falls Tours & TicketsKilauea Iki Crater Tours & TicketsRoyal Kona Coffee Center Tours & TicketsKula Kai Caverns Tours & TicketsWaimea Tours & TicketsHonaunau Bay Tours & TicketsKahua Ranch Tours & TicketsHawaiian Volcano Observatory Tours & TicketsWaikoloa Village Tours & TicketsCrater Rim Drive Tours & TicketsCaptain Cook Monument Tours & TicketsHawi Tours & TicketsHiilawe Falls Tours & TicketsOnomea Bay Tours & Tickets