- A tour of Hawaii’s biggest island highlighting its natural wonders
- Visit the most dramatic waterfalls on the island, Akaka and Rainbow Falls
- Lunch included for an added convenience
- Group size is limited to 12 people to ensure a quality experience
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
|Monday - Sunday:||07:00 AM - 08:00 AM|
What To Expect
As you pass through the ranching town of Waimea, watch as the landscape changes from pastures to green, tropical rainforest, as sweeping views of the Hamakua Coast start creeping into view. During a stop at Waipio Valley lookout, marvel at the way the vertical cliffs seem to explode from the green valley floor and hear the tales of how King Kamehameha was raised in this valley as a child. The adventure continues as you wind your way down the Hamakua Coast, past roadside towns with singsong names until you reach Akaka Falls and Rainbow Falls.
Make your way back toward sea level at Punalu’u Beach, where you’ll take a stroll on a black-sand beach and search for Hawaiian green sea turtles. Head next to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, before rounding the southern tip of the island, the southernmost point in America. Look out for Kealakekua Bay, the spot where Captain Cook was killed in a skirmish with Native Hawaiians.
Stop at a Kona coffee farm to learn about the coffee growing process and walk through a lava tube.
Finally, your tour finishes back in Kona with a drop off at your hotel, where you’ve earned the right to plop on the bed and relax after the full day adventure.
Please note: Depending on weather conditions, your tour may operate in reverse order.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately.
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children under 4 years old are not allowed to participate
- This tour only departs from Kailua Kona and Waikoloa on the Big Island of Hawaii
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- OPERATED BY Wasabi Tours Hawaii
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands