- Discover Hawaii's Umauma Falls Zipline Experience and outdoor activity park
- Experience the sublime Umauma River set among lush tropical plant life and a beautiful waterfall
- Get a thrill on the park's range of nine different ziplines
- Relax and swim at the private pond and nearby waterfall
- Enjoy access to kayaks and stand-up paddle boards for those who want to do more exploring
- Great mix of outdoor activity, adventure and beautiful scenery
Departure & Return
Check-In time is 45 minutes prior to tour time. Umauma Falls Zipline Experience Visitor Center For directions, call 808-930-9477 and press 1 for directions from Kona/Waimea. And 2 for directions from Hilo/Saddle Road.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Guests not zipping but accompanied by 2 or more paying zippers, may access the park's garden and waterfalls for free
- Must be 4-years-old or above to zip
- No refunds given for no-shows and late arrivals
- Ziplining requires closed-toe shoes
- Zipline not recommended for pregnant women or people with back or neck problems
- Involves a small amount of walking
- Weight limits: minimum 35 lbs; maximum 275 lbs
- Subject to good weather. In the case of poor weather you will have the option of an alternative tour date or full refund
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Umauma Falls Zipline & Rappel Experience
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms