- Walking tour of Berlin’s old Jewish district and landmarks with a professional guide
- Uncover Berlin’s Jewish heritage and learn about its Jewish community from the 17th century on
- See the Rosenstrasse Memorial and explore the courtyards of Hackesche Höfe and the old Jewish cemetery
- Witness the poignant Missing House and memorial to the 1938 November pogrom
- Choose to visit the Otto Weidt Museum, where blind and deaf Jews gained protection from the Nazis
- Stop to admire the stunning New Synagogue with its magnificent dome
Departure & Return
Meeting point: outside FRIEDRICHSTRASSE TRAIN STATION, on the square beside the 'Traenenpalast' (Palace of Tears), Reichstagufer 17, 10117 Berlin.
What To Expect
Along the way, learn about some of Berlin’s past Jewish residents who changed the world as we know it, like Albert Einstein and philosopher Moses Mendelssohn.
Visit the site of the Old Synagogue, which was destroyed in World War II, and the “Block of Women” memorial to the women’s uprising of 1943, a peaceful attempt to save their Jewish husbands and fathers from deportation by the SS and the Gestapo. Also, see the heritage site of Hackesche Höfe; the Blindenwerkstatt Otto Weidt, a 1940s-era factory where workshop owner Otto Weidt protected his blind and deaf Jewish workers from persecution during the Holocaust; and the Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe.
Finally, visit the 19th-century New Synagogue, one of Berlin’s most significant Jewish landmarks. It was the main synagogue of the Berlin Jewish community and an important architectural monument of late 19th-century Berlin. Today, it is home to the Centrum Judaicum, which traces the history of the building and the life associated with it. Feel free to enter the synagogue (own expense) as the tour concludes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; good walking shoes are recommended
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Insider Tour Berlin
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience