- Bike tour along the sites of the Berlin Wall
- Learn about Berlin during the Cold War
- Hear about life on both sides of the wall
- Explore the Berlin Wall Memorial at Bernauer Strasse
- A great tour for history buffs
Departure & Return
This tour meets at Fat Tire Tours' Alexanderplatz shop, located near the base of the giant TV Tower (Fernsehturm). The address is Panoramastraße 1a, 10178 Berlin.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Begin your day in the morning, meeting your guide at a pre-arranged location near Alexanderplatz. Before you get started, listen to an orientation from your guide on the Berlin Wall and your planned route. Over the course of your ride, cycle about six miles (10 kilometers), listening to stories about how Berlin was originally split apart after World War II, along with tales of the Berlin Airlift, behind-the-scenes espionage by the Allies and the East German secret police (Stasi), the end of communism and how the city exists today.
Start cycling down the main thoroughfare of East Berlin, heading to the longest remaining section of the Berlin Wall that still stands today, the East Side Gallery. This particular strip covers more than 3,300 feet (one kilometer) of graffiti-strewn concrete. Pedal along three miles (five kilometers) of land where the wall once existed, learning about some the key differences in daily life for residents on both sides of this Cold War barrier.
Stop by the Berlin Wall Memorial on Bernauer Strasse, which was a former crossing point between East and West Berlin.
Take a break for lunch about halfway through your ride (at your own expense) before continuing your ride to discover more incredible escape attempts (some that worked, others that failed), the deathstrip watchtowers, and many more sites. Finish back at your original departure point in the afternoon.
For more information about the ride, weather issues, safety and the bikes provided, please read below.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant and child seats are available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Fat Tire Tours - Berlin
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "I would definitely recommend this tour to anyone who wants to know more about the Berlin Wall and some interesting details behind the Wall." See review