- Half-day guided hiking tour from Varenna on the Sentiero del Viandante trail
- Enjoy magnificent views over Lake Como and the surrounding mountains
- Moderate level hike suitable for participants of good fitness
- Small-group tour limited to 15 people ensures a personalized experience
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Follow your guide along the scenic Sentiero del Viandante (the ‘path of the wanderer) trail, an around 3-hour hike though chestnut woods and olive groves. As you trek along the mountainside trail — a historic mule path that once linked Lecco and Valtellina — stop to enjoy spectacular views over the mountains and Lake Como.
Your tour ends back in Varenna, a short walk from the train station.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please make sure to wear comfortable clothes and hiking shoes or sport shoes for hiking
- Activity Level: Moderate. We are on maintained trails, but there are a few significant elevation gain and loss on this hike. Effective duration of the hike: 3 hours
- Participants should be active and healthy
- Please bring a bottle of water; alternatively you can purchase one near the meeting point
- Please check the weather. If rain is forecast the tour will be cancelled
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Experience Italy Tours Srl
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.