- Full-day trip to Baalbek, Anjar, and Ksara from Beirut
- Explore three fascinating cities and marvel at several well-preserved historical remains
- Discover Ksara Chateau—one of Lebanon's oldest wineries
- Savor traditional Lebanese cuisine at a local restaurant
- Enjoy entertaining and informative commentary from your expert local guide
- Transport by comfortable, air-conditioned coach
Departure & Return
Alternatively, we offer pick up and drop from Hotels located in Beirut City Only. (No Pick up from Hostels, airbnbs, or private residences). You must provide hotel name upon booking.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Known by the Romans as Heliopolis, this timeworn site is largely made up of semi-crumbled temples built during the Roman era. View the broken remains, including the massive Temple of Jupiter, built on a huge podium and around a rectangular courtyard where sacrifices were performed.
As you explore, hear about the mystery of the gigantic stones that served as the foundations for earlier temples here. The size and weight of the stones have left scholars confounded as to how they were originally transported here and then manipulated into place.
Having explored Baalbek, relax over a delicious lunch of meze (small dishes) and tapas at a local restaurant, and then drive on to Anjar. On arrival, stretch your legs around Anjar’s souks, and then explore the town’s showpiece: its Umayyad ruins. Consisting of the remnants of an 8th-century palace-city ruled by the Ummayad dynasty, this fascinating complex is filled with ruined temples, arcades, and gates, many built in the Hellenistic and Roman style.
Next, continue into the Bekaa Valley to Ksara, home of the famous Ksara Caves. Discovered in 1898, these ancient caves are now used by Chateau Ksara, Lebanon’s oldest wine estate. Take a winery tour, see the thousands of bottles stored in the caves-turned-cellars and learn about the winemaking process.
Finally, return to Beirut, where your trip ends.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY Nakhal & Cie
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "The ruins are well worth the cost of the excursion!" See review