- See Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City
- Visit the Great Wall at Mutianyu
- Enjoy the comfort of private transportation
- Lunch and entrance fees included
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Your centrally located hotel or residence in Beijing City
What To Expect
On Chang'an Street, see the Great Hall of the People (Renmin Dahuitang) and the National Museum of China (formerly the National Museum of Chinese History and the Museum of the Chinese Revolution), and take a look at Chairman Mao's Mausoleum (aka Chairman Mao Memorial Hall) in the middle of the square. From the gate, walk to the Forbidden City, the UNESCO World Heritage–listed former Chinese imperial palace. A total of 24 emperors lived and ruled from here, starting with the Ming dynasty and ending with the Qing. You'll spend a couple of hours here exploring.
Then it's time for lunch, which you'll enjoy at a local restaurant for dumplings before continuing your day tour to the Great Wall at Mutianyu, a typically less-crowded section of the Great Wall of China. After the 1.5-hour drive, you have about two hours here to hike. Take the cable car up half way to begin your walk, and then take it back down or ride the toboggan to save time and energy.
Your tour then ends with return transport to your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant meals not included
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Lily's Tour Company
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.