- Visit the less crowded Mutianyu section of the Great Wall of China
- Climb the Ming Dynasty watchtowers for amazing views of the Great Wall and surrounding countryside
- Traditional Chinese lunch in a local village
- Optional Toboggan ride or cable car ride down the mountain (own expense)
- Maximum of 12 passengers ensures personalized attention
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Directions: The Sunworld Hotel is centrally located in downtown Beijing in the Wangfujing District. From Dengshikou Station, Metro Line 5, Exit A, Turn left, then turn left at the Dengshikou Dajie, Sunworld is 250 meters down Dengshikoustreet on the left handside of the road.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Ascend Ming Dynasty watchtowers to absorb incredible views of the Great Wall and its verdant surroundings. Capture fantastic photographs of the wall snaking through the charming Chinese countryside then descend the Great Wall by either an exhilarating toboggan or scenic cable car.
Appease your appetite with some Chinese specialties in a rustic village restaurant then relax during the journey back to Beijing after lunch.
Please note: You can either hike up the wall with your guide or, for an additional expense, use the cable car to ascend and the toboggan to descend.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Many areas of the Great Wall of China are quite steep and have uneven surfaces, comfortable walking shoes with a good grip must be worn
- IMPORTANT: Chinese law requires that all travellers must provide their name, gender, nationality, passport number and birthdate to their tour operator upon booking a tour. Failure to do so could result in a traveller not being able to join their tour, or for the entire group to be denied access to sites such as the Great Wall and the Forbidden City. When you book this tour, please be sure to fill out all fields at checkout. Please also enter your passport number into the 'Additional Information' box and bring your passport with you on the tour.
- Near public transportation
- Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour: Your tour includes the entrance fee to the Mutianyu section of the UNESCO-listed Great Wall, which helps preserve this cultural heritage site.
- Your tour is also supporting a restaurant that wouldn't have access to tourists if it wasn't for Urban Adventures.
- The food served at lunch is home-cooked and the ingredients used are procured from a nearby village.
- Effective Sept 1, 2021, travellers 18+ must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Children 6-17 must present a negative COVID-19 test (PCR or lateral flow) conducted maximum 72 hours prior, proof of recovery dated up to 9 months or proof of vaccination. View full policy at urbanadventures.com/vaccine.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Urban Adventures China
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 4 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 3 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 3 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms